Thursday, October 30, 2008

deus ex machina

A deus ex machina (lat. IPA: [ˈdeːus eks ˈmaːkʰina], literally "god from a/the machine") is an improbable contrivance in a story characterized by a sudden unexpected solution to a seemingly intractable problem. -wikipedia

I love the essence of deus ex machina, personally i feel that when we're in so much trouble, sometimes something so unexpected, so surprising comes to our aid. Although its usage is primarily in literature i have some experiences of a deus ex machina to a certain extent. It makes me feel the hand of God, it's as if he gives us that improbable contrivance to keep us going through in life.

I have been through a lot of things in my life and today, October 30, 2008, seems to be the start of a second life.

I'm casting off everything negative in my life, my frustrations, bad relationships, and i'm about to start off on a new journey. A journey that would hopefully be a positive, upbeat, worthy life.

I'm 26, living in my parent's home, which is in turn my dad's parent's home. I live together with a couple of other relatives (two other families, and my grandma) which would be discussed later on. I just recently graduated and about to take our board exams this coming November. I'm basically just about to start living life.

It's not that i bummed around doing anything the past 26 years, i have been struggling through life every single day. It would all be discussed later on in my upcoming posts.

26, seems like a long time and i just can't wait to pass my board exams so i can move out of our home, be independent, start earning money, and experience freedom. At a time when my contemporaries are starting their own families, climbing the proverbial ladder to success in their chosen careers, i'm just about to spread my wings like a bald eaglet learning how to fly. hehe (although i'm not going bald just yet, a subtle receding hairline maybe)

To me, Good luck and God bless!

No comments: