Sunday, April 3, 2011

Habulan

As I have written before, my first run was an epic fail. I'm not trying to make excuses but I was totally unprepared for it. It was a 10k run and at that time I haven't been physically active for a while, never trained for it, been drinking heavily, and I was emotionally distressed. I vowed that it will never happen again.

I set myself a goal for this year, as an act of vindication from my mortifying ordeal at that first attempt at running, I would run a 5k this year and finish among the first half of the runners.

I gave myself 21 days to prepare. My practice jogs were incrementally improving as the days went on, but I still know that it wasn't enough, it was always a struggle. I told myself, baby steps deus, baby steps.

Today against all odds... I did it. I finished among the first half of the runners. :)

One of my goals for the year has been ticked. I never could have expected it.

I can't stop smiling. :)

That's all, gotta run!

2 comments:

Spiral Prince said...

Congrats, deus! Run, run, and run some more!

deus_ex_machina said...

Salamat Spiral Prince! Tara habulan tayo! hehe. :)