Friday, April 1, 2011

Him

Every time I achieve something noteworthy in my opinion and in my own humble measure, my ex always does it better a hundredfold. Sometimes it could get really irritating, no matter how hard I try, I just couldn't be better. But on a positive note, it does keep me grounded and humble specially since sometimes I do have a tendency to gloat at the minutest hint that I may have surpassed him even at the most trivial thing like dactyl. However no matter how hard I try he is the undisputed tap tap master.

I know he sometimes lets me bask in my victory for a nanosecond, but after a while he shows me who's boss. Reminiscing what we had always brings a smile to my face. He is my idol, I look up to him even if he's younger than I am. He is the man I've always envisioned myself to be. A little attitude problem here and there but hey you can't have it all can you?

So when I chanced upon the song Daydreamer by Adele I can't help but think of him. I can't help but realize that I was lucky enough to have him for 4 years, can't help but be grateful that we have grown together in what seems to me to be a lifetime.

Daydreamer
Adele

Daydreamer,
sitting on the seat,
soaking up the sun, (he's always had that chill vibe in him)
he is a real lover, ( a really good one at that hands down)
making up the past and (galing niyang bumawi)
feeling up his girl like he's never felt her figure before (he always makes me feel like I'm the most good looking guy in the room, and yeah he always feels me up like he's feeling me up for the first time)

A jaw dropper, (he's hot, artistahin)
looks good when he walks, (he's got that model walk down, did some modeling stints before)
is the subject of their talk (always the crush ng bayan)
he would be hard to chase, (he is hard to chase, may pagkasuplado)
but good to catch (he is a good catch)
and he could change the world with his hands behind his back, oh (yes he can, parang walang effort sa kanya mga ginagawa nya)

you can find him
sitting on your doorstep,
waiting for a surprise (he loves surprising me with the best gifts and the most thoughtful gestures, he loves surprises as well, too bad he's much better at it than I am at giving it)
and he will feel like
hes been there for hours (he's really very patient)
and you can tell that he'll be there for life (I can tell, it just didn't work out)

Daydreamer,
with eyes that make you melt, (nangugusap mga mata nya, he can also puppy eye on cue)
he lends his coat for shelter (very sweet, minsan nakakailang)
plus he's there for you when he shouldn't be, (minsan nakakainis, but in the end sobrang naapreciate ko.)
but he stays all the same, (yes he does, kahit war kami)
waits for you then sees you through (yes, he's always waiting for me and sees me through everything)

there's no way I could describe him
what I'll say is just what I'm hoping for

But I will find him ,
sitting on my doorstep,
waiting for a surprise
and he will feel like he's been there for hours
and I can tell that he'll be there for life.
And I can tell that he'll be there for life.



Nung napakinggan ko to, I can't help but have tears streaming down my face. Nakailang beses ko ng napakinggan to pero ganun pa rin. Naisip ko nga kung may tambalan kami ni Judy Ann, kayang kaya kong makipagsabayan sa pag-iyak as long as this song is playing in the background.

Love you baby.

5 comments:

Spiral Prince said...

Haaaay, ang sweet nito, deus. :)




P.S.

Sana ako rin. Hehehe.

deus_ex_machina said...

hehe, oo naman Spiral, kaw pa I'm sure hinahanap na ni Mr. Daydreamer ang kanyang Spiral Prince. Wait mo lang, parating na daw sya, hehe. :)

Nishiboy said...

i think i've said this before, but you really remind me of my ex. i actually back-read a few days ago just to make sure you weren't the same guy. haha.

i like how you don't deny that you still have feelings for him. i think it's easier to move on if we allow ourselves to look back once in a while.

pero wag ka maniwala sakin. di pa ako nakaka move on sa ex ko eh. lol.

deus_ex_machina said...

Ganun ba Nishiboy? Hmmm... I'm not quite sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing hahaha!

Yeah what we had was special. I can't deny that he will always have a special place in my heart. Me writing down good memories of him, of us, is actually helping me to acknowledge that we have begun to take our own separate ways.

Thanks Nishiboy. :)

Nishi said...

It's a good thing. My ex is an amazing guy. =P