Thursday, March 10, 2011

Bleeding Heart

Such a beautiful flower.

As a kid, I never fully understood why such a beautiful creation be given such a painful name.

Now I know.

My mind started to have a chat with the bleeding heart and it went this way...

Me: So why the name?
Bleeding Heart: I wear it as a badge of honor. I also wear it to show him that I still love him despite the battle scars, and that I'm still hurting.

Me: Battle scars? But you're so frail, fragile, so... so nice.
Bleeding Heart: Love has its dark side too you know, it spares no one.

Me: What happened?
Bleeding Heart: We went through a lot, we went through it together. Together we braved the arrows that came our way, we thundered through the chaos of our own misunderstandings. We did it all together. But in the end, he knew I cannot love with walls around my heart, and still he chose to drive a stake through.

Me: You never could have expected it...
Bleeding Heart: I never did. He promised me forever. I promised him eternity.

Me: I don't know what to say...
Bleeding Heart: You can tell yourself this, this too shall pass. And despite the pain, your radiance will show through. Continue to give joy to other people around you as you quietly exude the beauty of your soul.

Me: As you did... Thank you.
Bleeding Heart: As I did.

So there, I had a conversation with a plant. I might be going crazy.

Baby, I still love you, I always will. I'm hurting so much right now, the depths of which you will never fully understand.

I love you.

No comments: