Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Patient Patience

It's a virtue, I know.

But I'm not exactly virtuous.

Saintly maybe, virtuous no.

I've been overweight most of my life. It's cute when you're younger. Chubby tawag sa yo. But when you start hitting your teens, with all those hormones raging, you can't exactly have someone to share your wild primal instincts with (unless chubby chaser).

So you get a bit sad, you see a donut on the table, you reach out, take a bite... and bam! heaven! I am deus_ex_machina and I'm addicted to food.

It took me years and hard work to get rid of the effects of my addiction, I'm an emotional eater, so it's always like a teeter totter ride for me. When I met him, I was already in fairly good shape. He forbade me to go the gym, ( I scream in my head "But mom, I worked really really hard for this pretty please!") He won't listen to what I have to say, he took away my lifeline. Exercise helps me cope with my issues, and I have tons. He won't listen. He'd gaze at me with his unforgiving eyes and say "no". My heart sank.

So I gained all the weight I lost and more, I'd get sick far too often, and I'd succumb to the clutches of depression more frequently, which I fought long and hard to escape from.

Love eh. La ka magagawa. Basta andyan sya, everything's all right. He's all I need.

Now I find myself alone with my miseries.

So enter some obscure "magic" pills from the land of the rising sun. Yup, it claims to help you shed the excess poundage quick.

I'm not exactly athletic. Working out is such a chore. It's tedium to the max for me. My mind goes blank when my body starts to rev up. It's my sad duality. It's one thing or the other. Can't have them functioning both at the same time.

Placed my order. I know what I'm getting myself into. Brace yourself neurons, brace yourself.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not vain. I'm doing it for mobility. I can't move around with ease with them lipid layers getting in the way now can I? And I need my mobility, to move around at the H with grace and serenity, helping those who can not help themselves, arousing those from deep sleep, encouraging them not to slip back to oblivion. Like a butterfly fluttering its wings from rose to rose (yeah yeah you're getting carried away now, you're no longer making any sense)

So if you happen to see a rather easy on the eye dude staring blankly into space, with drool on the side of his mouth, sweating profusely, trembling a bit, with a bottle of water in his hand, don't be alarmed. It's just me, trying to regain my mobility back.

Brace yourself neurons, brace yourself.

3 comments:

Spiral Prince said...

just make sure your body doesn't end up relying too much on the pills. the consequences once you stop taking them could be big. literally. ;)

Kapitan Potpot said...

The goal serves a good purpose - mobility, me likes it. I'm having the same dilemma for years and have thoughts (and tried) of trimming down on fats, but suddenly, it came to me that I haven't thought of a good purpose on why I wanna lose such. :)

Let me say this also, you are a good writer. Your wordings are elegantly written that I am looking forward for more. :)

deus_ex_machina said...

@spiral Prince: Thanks for the heads up, I don't want no BIG consequence hehe. :)

@Louie: Yup all it really takes is just one word: Mobility, hehe. Thanks Louie, I really do appreciate that. :)