Sunday, March 20, 2011

Reality Bites

The uncertainty of the future is quite a daunting prospect. Specially for someone like myself who's starting later in life.

You see, I've battled clinical depression for quite a number of years. The pain from my confusion of who I am, self-loathing, and family issues finally culminated into this one big ball of negative energy that plunged me deep into the dark corners of my personal abyss.

I just wanted to give up so badly.

I just wanted everything to end.

I wanted something to cling on to.

Those were the darkest periods of my life. Looking back, I couldn't fathom how I could have survived all those years in that state of mind. It was sad really.

For a long time, I spent myself locked up in my room. Meals were delivered to my room, but I have no appetite for them. My room was a pig sty. I spend my days in fantastic worlds of my own creation under the somber embrace of slumber.

From there, the road to recovery was rocky. I was like an infant learning how to walk on shaky grounds.

The concept of a future does not exist for me. I was a being of the moment, everything boring is bad. I seek the company of the fickle and the temporary. I was going nowhere.

The days, months, years seem to merge in one continuous blur of vagueness.

I am in a much better place now. I am standing on the verge of my life. I am to brave the path to my destiny. I have to be brave. I now understand that I have to do it on my own.

I've always believed that when I met him, I helped him mend his wings, and he tore mine apart.
But closer introspection reveals quite an enlightening epiphany. I needed the pain. I needed to be shocked into the realities of life. I needed to feel the pain and not to run away from it. I needed to remember, to not forget. To take life for what it is, warts and all. I needed to wake up. He needed to tear my wings apart so I could grow sturdier ones.

Thank you baby. For all the pain and all the joy.

Thank you for waking me up from my sleep, it was long overdue anyway. I know how cheesy this might sound, but you woke me up with a kiss. Damn I'm so childish, I know I know, that sounded like sleeping beauty hahaha!

I love you baby.

p.s. I understand that my posts can be conflicting sometimes. Sometimes I love him sometimes I hate him. Please bear with me, I'm cycling through denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance in no particular order.

Kaya to! go go go!! :)

6 comments:

Kapitan Potpot said...

Naiyak ako sa entry mo. Lalo na yung first part when you were suffering from some things in the past.

Now I am thinking, how much pain are we capable of absorbing to be enlightened with epiphanies? I think I've had a huge share but a lot of things remain elusive to me.

Kaya mo yan. Go! Go! Go! :)

deus_ex_machina said...

Yeah, those were very sad times Louie.

Insight has a funny way of revealing itself only when you are ready to accept it. In time, It will all come to you Louie, just you wait.

Thank you Louie, there's nothing better during times like these than another soul's empathy. Salamat sa pagbisita.

Oo nga tama ka dyan! Kaya ko to! GO! GO! GO! :)

Mugen said...

Brokenness leaves us scarred yet strong at the same time. :)

Kaya mo yan. :)

deus_ex_machina said...

You're right Mu[g]en, I'll wear my battle scars with pride.

Salamat sa pagbisita. :)

Nishiboy said...

ok lang yan kahit conflicting. emosyon mo yan. ano magagawa mo kung yan nararamdaman mo diba?

deus_ex_machina said...

Salamat sa reassurance Nishiboy. :)